SHIRE MEMBER WEBSITES
- Kaaren Valravn Lady Kaaren Valravn is an illuminator, calligrapher, and photographer who has been known to sew a thing or two in her time. She particularly enjoys late-period Germans and early-period Viking. She may have a woodburner. She will not weave a basket.
- alias Ela Alias Ela is an educator, musician, artist, and general sheep enthusiast who uses her academic training and craft/art skills to embark on experimental archaeology. Her interests include fiber arts, music, translation, literature, and illumination, especially 500-1100 in the British Isles, 1350-1425 in Great Britain and France, and 1450-1600 in the Ottoman Empire. She is particularly interested in cultural exchange and connections.
- Adelaide Half Pint This website documents Lady Adelaide Half Pint’s A&S activities in the SCA. It focuses primarily on 14th Century garb but dabbles in other time periods as well as scribal, service, and miscellanea.
- Iselda de Narbonne is a poet and musician. Here, you’ll find a somewhat haphazard collection of texts, documentation, class notes, and music for voice, harp and lyre. Someday if she gets her poop together she may record some YouTube videos, but today is not that day! Iselda also directs The Shire Quire. Email her at email@example.com for rehearsal times, details, and general questions.
- Kame Gusukuma is developing a 16th Century Ryukyu Kingdom persona in the SCA. Her interests include clothing, fiber arts, music, storytelling, and language. In addition, she is interested in sensitively portraying a colonized culture with a complex history.
- Master Aeron Harper is an instructor with The Tattershall School of Defence, a non-profit 501(c)3 educational organization dedicated to the study and instruction of Historical European Martial Arts (HEMA). Founded in 2000 and incorporated in 2003, the Tattershall School of Defense has an established history of research, training & education. Tattershall instructors have gained international recognition for teaching & translation.
- Faye de Trees is a clothier, dancer, and wayward bard who loves nothing more than the magic moments when the busy world of today falls away and we are transported into the past. She seeks these by creating spaces, crafting experiences, and bringing teaching and learning to as many as possible. She is less effective at remembering to take photos or sitting at the machine that turns ideas into electrons to share, but when she does those musings are found at TastefullyTimeless.com.
- Lady Ava Deinhardt is a SCAdian and general historical reenactment enthusiast. I have a graduate degree in historical archaeology and explore a wide variety of crafts and interests within the SCA (Society of Creative Anachronism). A general history nerd, I enjoy weaving, heavy fighting, combat archery, target archery, crossbows, and medieval medicine.
- Lady Clara Brauer is a scribe and garb enthusiast. Her persona is late 16th century tavern-owner in Bremen, Germany. Fortunately she is able to read and write thanks to her progressive parents and is able to run the tavern after the untimely death of her husband of an unspecified fever. Website documents her projects like garb, hats, baking, and scrolls.